Indeed, it appears that any decline in the market from now until after the election will be blamed on investors "fear" that Bush might lose the election. At least according to those who...er...fear Bush will lose the election.
Feeling guilt for having deleted the e-mail; wanted to reply to the sender with the list of Kerry's top ten donors, courtesy of, and with dollar figures at, CNN):
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo
- FleetBoston Financial Corp. (now part of Bank of America)
- Time Warner
- Hale and Dorr LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom
- Harvard University
- Hill, Holliday, Connors, Cosmopulos Inc.
- Verner, Liipfert, Bernhard, McPherson & Hand/Piper Rudnick
- Goldman Sachs Group
Yep; that's a list of firms having nothing at all to do with the market.